Download the Edison School Student Handbook and the School Supply List by clicking the links below.
2018 - 2019 Edison School Uniform Rules and Prices
All students must be in uniform every school day unless otherwise announced. Uniform items are to be purchased at the school store. Tights and socks may be purchased elsewhere, but tights must be dark grey and socks must be dark grey or white.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately for the weather
- Rips and tears must be mended
- Undergarments must not be visible
- T-shirts are not to be worn under polo shirts
- White socks may be worn only with gym strip, khaki shorts or pants
- Hats and sunglasses are not permitted in the school buildings
- Sandals and open toed shoes may not be worn as outdoor shoes in grades K - 6
- On non-uniform days modesty must be kept at all times and the everyday rules for shoes apply
- Gym strip is required for grades 4 - 12
- Ties, when worn, must be worn fully tied at the neck
- Polo shirts and white dress shirts must be tucked in at all times
- Kindergarten - Grade 12 Boys: Khaki pants, grey dress shirt (grade 9 - 12) or white dress shirt (grade K - 8), school tie, white or grey socks and black school shoes
- Kindergarten - Grade 3 Girls: Jumper, white blouse or short sleeved button-up shirt, grey socks or tights and black school shoes
- Grade 4 - 12 Girls: Skirt (grade 7 - 12) or plaid skort (grade 4 - 6), white blouse or short sleeved white button-up shirt, grey socks or tights and black school shoes
- A knit burgundy vest or cardigan is optional for all girls and girls in grades 9 - 12 may wear a tie.
Students in grades K - 12 require two pairs of shoes:
- Solid black school shoes - these may not be runners, sandals, crocs or boots. The heel may not exceed 3 cm and shoes may not exceed ankle height.
- Runners with non-marking soles - these must be clean and may not exceed ankle height. It is imperative that they are securely fastened and have sufficient arch support, therefore, skate-style shoes are not appropriate. It is at the discretion of the physical education teacher to request that a different pair of gym shoes be brought to school if the original pair is deemed unsafe. Shoes labeled as cross trainers are generally acceptable.
- Skirts may be hemmed no shorter than 10 cm from the floor as the student kneels
- Pants must be hemmed so that they do not touch the floor when the student stands in school shoes
- Pants may not be rolled up or cut off
- Skirts may not be rolled at the waistband
- Pants may be modified into shorts or capris by hemming; the 10 cm rule applies to shorts
- One watch, one ring and one earring per ear (stud or small hoop) may be worn
- Students in grades 8 - 12 may wear very pale nail polish and one necklace
- No makeup is permitted up to and including grade 8
- Makeup must be kept neutral, modest and minimal in grades 9 - 12
- Acceptable makeup includes pale, neutral eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:30AM - 3:15PM